Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Adopting a B&G Macaw

We have been speaking with an incredible woman about adopting one of her precious macaws. Her name is Baby and she is a Blue and Gold Macaw. She's had a rough life so far and I am hoping to give her a better and forever home. I got the opportunity to meet Baby this weekend and I enjoyed every second! We spent about 4 hours over there getting to know her and her getting to know me. She was a little hesitant at first, but took to me rather quickly. She has an awesome personality! I am looking forward to spending more time with her soon and getting to know how her current owner works with Baby and learning what she likes and dislikes. We are taking her to the vet on Monday, but Baby doesn't like vets so I hope this will be a good visit for her. She is supposed to come to my house Sunday so she can get a feel of what our lives are like and where she will be living. We are still looking for a playstand for her and we think we have found a nice cage for her already. I am sooooo excited and look forward to bringing Baby to her new home and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment