Monday, March 9, 2009

B&G Macaw Baby

**Sniffle** **Sniffle** I decided not to take Baby after all. She is a beautiful Macaw, and I know I could give her a loving home, but being a new parrot owner and knowing her special needs, I felt it wouldn't be the best thing for Baby right now. Baby needs a home where she will have someone that knows a bit more about the needs of a Macaw than I do. I can give her the special attention right now, but when I go back to work, I don't feel she will get the attention she needs and deserves. My biggest fear about taking Baby would be my dogs. I know they wouldn't intentionally hurt Baby, but the do bark, and they can bark loud and get excited which would scare Baby. And if something were to happen to Baby when I wasn't home (dogs scare her and make her fall) I couldn't and wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Baby was in a "not so happy" home before her original owner took her back and is helping her recover. Now baby chews her wings and tail feathers. Her tail feathers have come back, but she is still chewing on her wings and has a tendancy to fall if frightened. Her last fall broke some feathers and hurt her wings. :o(

I do hope she finds a home that can love her and work with her on her feather issue. She is gentle and doesn't bit hard. She does beak, but that only happens when she is frightened. The 2nd day I spent time with her, I was able to get her to step up and I even got some kisses!

This time change business has gotten me all out of wack, so I'm going to go take a little nap and get to cleaning. My next post, I'd like to tell you about my Green Cheek Marly. She is a HAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment